Departments » University of Wisconsin ExtensionMission Statement
to which we commit...We teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transformating lives and communities.
of what we want to become...A thriving, well-known and sought out educational resource that reflects the rich diveresity of the state.
we strive to live by...
- Community: We empower others and ourselves by listening to, learning from, and respecting local knowledge. We value our partnerships and believe community voices are critical to success. We work in community with one another to build a culture of collegiality.
- Discovery: We promote lifelong learning, unbiased transformational education and excellence through our scholarly work. We integrate University research with community-based knowledge to explore new solutions and their practical applications. We encourage innovation in teaching, research and outreach to serve the public good.
- Inclusiveness: We recognize, appreciate and honor the differences, similarities and contributions of all people and communities. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure equity, justice and fairness. We embrace new ideas and approaches in our work.
- Relationships: We foster positive relationships through honesty, open communication and accountability. We meet educational needs by creating linkages among cultural, economic and environmental contexts. We recognize and trust the essential and interconnected nature of all roles within Cooperative Extension.
- Respect: We appreciate and serve as stewards of our state's resources. We honor and value each other's time and talents. We seek to maintain a balance between life and work priorities.
Welcome to the University of Wisconsin – Extension
The University of Wisconsin Extension (UWEX) extends the knowledge and resources of the University of Wisconsin to the community members of Menominee County/Nation. Through programming and community collaborations, UWEX strives to be a positive resource for individuals, families and the Menominee community, to include a variety of publications and resources regarding sustainable living. Cooperative Extension has served the citizens of Wisconsin since 1912, and celebrates 100 years of education and outreach to families, youth, farmers, businesses and communities.
Cooperative Extension is a unique partnership of counties, the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the University of Wisconsin working together to help people put knowledge to work. It reflects the vision that has become known as the Wisconsin Idea. This partnership brings education to people where they live. It supports educational programs available to all citizens of Wisconsin. In response to community-expressed needs and interests, we teach, learn, lead and serve, connecting people with the University of Wisconsin, and engaging with them in transforming lives and communities.
UW-Extension includes Cooperative Extension offices in 72 counties and three tribal nations, 12 Small Business Development Centers, and outreach and e-learning programs delivered via the 26 UW System campuses and distance-learning channels, as well as the statewide networks of Wisconsin Public Radio and Wisconsin Public Television.
University of Wisconsin, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Wisconsin Counties cooperating. An EEO/AA employer, University of Wisconsin Extension provides equal opportunities in employment and programming, including Title IX and American with Disabilities (ADA) requirements.
Services Provided by the University of Wisconsin Extension in Menominee County/Nation include:
4H Youth Development Program
Community and Natural Resource Development Program
Family Living Program
Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program
Wolf River Master Gardeners
Access to UWEX Specialists through Menominee Extension staff
Direct link to the Menominee County/Nation Extension
University of Wisconsin Extension Cooperative Extension (UWEX): http://www.uwex.edu/ces/
University of Wisconsin Extension Homepage (Continuing Education; Cooperative Extension; Entrepreneurship and Economic Develpment; and, Public Braodcasting): http://uwex.edu/
||Jennifer Gauthier - Co-Department Head / Nutrition Education Coord
Phone: 715-799-6226 Ext. 5713
TTY: 771 (Wisconsin Relay)
Click here to email
||PO Box 279
Keshena, WI 54135-0279
||College of Menominee Nation
N172 Hwy 47/55
Keshena, WI 54135
||M-F 8:00 - 4:30